There is one important thing that makes any kind of business, big or small, start-up or established be successful. Ideally, this includes having a maximum visibility and exposure amidst a huge number of potential customers and competitors. There’s more, this approach is specifically applicable to the online world where every business is striving for the customers’ attention. Notably, this is where business listings come in.
A business listing is basically an online portfolio that contains all crucial information about a business such as its name, phone number, email address, physical address, opening hours, photos, a brief description of the business, reviews and ratings, etc. Missing or inconsistent listings will not only cost you potential customers, but it will also decrease your organic search ranking and damage your brand. In other words, not monitoring your business listing will ultimately cost you thousands. This is a mistake that you can’t afford to make, most especially at a time when your competitors are implementing every tried and proven online marketing strategy to attract more customers.
Tips on How to Manage your Business Listing Effectively
Today, the success of any business is highly dependent on how its online presence is managed. Part of that involves monitoring business listings, which requires having a sharp, accurate and consistent management system in place. Here are some helpful tips on how to manage your business listing effectively:
- Follow Google’s Quality Guidelines: It’s crucial that you meet all Google’s quality guidelines. Ensure that you’re authorized to manage the places listing, represent your business accurately both offline and online and use exact location information.
- Complete your Places Listing: Ensure that your places listing is fully complete so that it can be more attractive to searchers.
- Select Proper Business Categories: Be sure to choose categories that describe your business accurately. The categories should also resonate with your potential clients.
- Write Meaningful Business Descriptions: You should create descriptions that convey your core value proposition to the potential clients. Speak to your potential clients directly and project your business as the best solution to their problems.
- Incorporate Rich Content: Besides written content, consider adding high-quality pictures and videos. Additionally, you can integrate other content like updates from social networking sites, recent blog posts, coupon codes and special offers.
- Encourage customer reviews and feedback: Be sure to encourage your customers to leave reviews and feedback so that searchers can gauge your reliability.
While you may be able to manage and monitor your business listings, it is, however, a process that takes a lot of focus and time that you probably can’t spare. This is where the help of a professional comes in handy. If you have a small, local business in Canada, you can rely on our service. We will help you create and monitor your business listing effectively by creating an accurate and informative business profile, link the profile to many major sites so you can reach a wider audience, and track customer reach and engagement. Relax and contact us any time of the day.
Barbara-Anne is the owner of New Media Managers, a boutique digital agency in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. She founded New Media Managers to help overwhelmed local business owners, like you, protect and manage your online line presence so you can get more customers, serve your existing customers, and keep the customers you already have.